Bobby Marcel Gaudet, Social Worker/TherapistContact
Telephone: (Office): 506-382-1717
Fax: 506 382-1711
I am a new addition to the Psychology and Wellness Centre as of the fall of 2021, and I am thrilled to be joining the team. I have been providing professional Social Work/Counselling services since 2015, following the completion of the Bachelor of Social Work (BSW) from St. Thomas University. Following several years of professional clinical practice, I attained my Master of Social Work (MSW) from Dalhousie University in 2020.
As a registered Clinical Social Worker, I am registered in New Brunswick (NBASW) and Nova Scotia (NSCSW). Since completing my Social Work degree (BSW), I have held various NB regional health network positions and currently, work for the Federal public service (CSC). I have professionally held positions in inpatient, outpatient Mental Health/Addictions settings dealing with various Mental Health and Addictions issues with different levels of severity. As a therapist, I provide various therapeutic modalities to ensure that my clients receive evidence-based Mental Health services that appropriately address their needs. I am dedicated to providing a safe space for all clients regardless of gender identity, gender expression, relationship status, sexual orientation, race, religion, or age.
As a Gender-Queer identified person, and practitioner I have joined the Psychology and Wellness Centre at this time to ensure that fellow members of the Queer, Trans, and Gender variant/diverse community have access to specialized Mental Health/Addictions services. My work seeks to address the general lack of professional counselling and support services for members of these minority communities, their families & loved ones. In doing so, I offer clinical assessment, intervention, and supporting documentation for Hormone therapies (HRT), as well as psychological surgical readiness assessments based on the World Professional Association of Transgender Health (WPATH) Standards of Care. I am also a professional member of WPATH and have completed both foundational and advanced Mental Health training offered through WPATH.
As a therapist, I welcome the opportunities to work with any client who believes I may help them, regardless of how they identify, i.e. sexual orientation, or gender identity. I ask only that those who seek my services are LGBTQ++ allies, accepting, and tolerant of gender variant/expansive people.
I look forward to meeting you & supporting you & your family at any stage of their journey.
Field of Practice:
Clinical Social Work
- Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT)
- Dialectical Behavioural Therapy (DBT)
- Cognitive Processing Therapy (CPT)
- Cognitive Behavioural (CBT)
- Family / Family Systems
- Mindfulness-Based Therapies
- Motivational Interviewing (MI)
- Narrative Therapy
- Solution Focused
- Integrative Modular Treatment
Clientele served for therapeutic intervention:
- Older Adults (65+)
- Adults (20 to 65)
- Adolescents / Teenagers (14 to 19)
- Preteens (11 to 13)
- Individuals experiencing Gender dysphoria (GD)
- Minority stress-related issues/challenges
- Romantic relationships in (TRANSition)
- Families in (TRANSition)
- Adapting to a stressful situation and difficulty in facing hardship
- Self-assertiveness, problems communicating, and social skills
- General anxiety amongst adults
- Childhood trauma related to a difficult upbringing
- Emotional dependency
- Depression, sadness, loss of interest or pleasure and difficultly finding motivation amongst adults
- Complicated Grief/loss
- State of post-traumatic stress following a traumatic experience
- Panic: panic attacks, panic disorders, anxiety attacks
- Personality disorders (BPD)
Individual psychotherapy: $130 per 60-minute session